New May 2019 – Bear Paw Creek is proud to continue aeIDEAS line of scarves that have been award winners and favorites for 40 years!
Individual Scarves are available also! Check out this page to buy one, two…or more!
- BPC3002: 27″ Group Kit – 2 of each color: Purple, Lavender, Royal Blue, Medium Blue, Kelly Green, Lime Green, Yellow, Orange, Red, Pink, White, and Black. Instructional inserts and IDEAS Primary Music CD. $65.00
- BPC3003: 27″ Individual Kit – 1 of each color above with insert and cd. $31.99
- BPC3004: 36″ Group Kit – 2 of each color, insert, IDEAS Intermediate Music cd $85.00
- BPC3005: 36″ Individual Rainbow Scarf Kit – 2 of each color: red, orange, yellow, kelly green, royal blue, and purple, instructional insert, IDEAS music cd. $39.99
- BPC3007: 54″ Group Kit 2 of each color: black, white, pink, red, orange, yellow, kelly green, lime green, royal blue, medium blue, purple, and lavender with instructional insert and IDEAS Music III cd. $120.00
My Many Colored Days Kits
- The board book My Many Colored Days, by Dr. Seuss.
- IDEAS Music Color cd
- Group includes: 20 durable 27” square, washable nylon scarves – 2 of each of the following 10 colors: purple, royal blue, gray, black, orange, red, kelly green, brown, pink and yellow. One for each hand, or enough for an early childhood class. $55.00
- Individual Kit: 10 27″ scarves of each color above. $31.99
Use the kit to reinforce:
Identifying and Exploring Mood.
Creating Movement to Match Music.
Starting and Stopping–Motor Control.
Joyful Times Spent with Parents, Teachers, Caregivers, Books, Music, and Movement.
Read the book to your child(ren).
Discuss how the gray tulle scarves look, feel and flow differently than the other scarves. How this color relates to the story – “(gray)…does not move.”
Explore the scarf colors. Move them through space. Make air pathways with them, then walk and turn with the scarves.
Read the story again, moving the matching scarf to the music for each page.
Switch colors and repeat this activity on many days.
Play the complete music pieces for longer movement experiences.
Play dress up, and dress up stuffed animals with scarves. Be sure to say the scarf color when it is chosen.
Now make up new ways to use the book, scarves, and music! Its all inside of you!
1. Different Colored Days
2. Red (Wild Horseman, Schumann)
10. Pink (Chinese Dance, Tchaikovsky)
12. Mixed Up
13. Different Colored Days
14. Contrasts, Jensen (Different Colored Days)
15. Rondeau, Bach (Blue)
16. The Elephant, Saint-Saens (Brown)
17. Flight of the Bumblebee, Rinsky-Korsakov (Yellow)
18. The Entertainer, Joplin (Gray)
19. Air, Bach (Orange)
20. Moonlight Sonata, Beethoven (Purple)
21. Russian Sailors’ Dance, Gliere (Black)
22. Batik, Worsley (Mixed Up)
9 Foot Patriotic Canopy Set
- Includes three 9 foot x 9 foot nylon scarf canopies. 1 each of red, white, and blue. Instructional insert included.
Developed at the request of music therapists and early childhood educators, scarf canopies have myriad uses.
- Use as you would a parachute
- Lift up for children to run under
- Add props to the middle (beach ball, leaves, cotton balls, etc.)
- Use for dress up and sensory integration
- Could be a cape, gown, “red blob,” etc.
- Roll around in a cocoon
- Use as a prop
- Use for relaxation
- Have children/babies lie underneath for soothing breeze and soft “kisses”
- Use for range of motion/movement
- Can move as a group (up, down, side to side, etc.)
- Can use one hand or two
- Tie multiple colors together in middle with color spokes coming out in all directions
- Use for games
- Children under the canopy trying to “hit” props out while adults are at the edges keeping props in Tug of war
- Special Needs
- Autistic children may enjoy wrapping up in the canopy, or sitting beneath it
Advantages of the Scarf Canopy
- Visually and tactically stimulating
- Light weight
- See-through (ideal for babies and small children)
- Available in multiple colors
- Folds to small size (highly portable)